30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day One - Perfectionism - not allowed!

Well, today I was going to start out with my favorite bit of advice that I dole out - SLEEP - sleep is seriously the most important thing to work on in terms of mood, stress, health (at least in my book- literally I do say that in a book). But anyway, I decided to save sleep for a few days from now since I slept ALOT today and feel a wee bit guilty since I slept so late, and was only able to sleep like that since I had the day off.
We will conquer sleep soon, but today is all about not being perfect. First of all, if you think you are perfect then you have an inflated self ego and probably don't need to work on your self-esteem or stress management so good for you!! Second of all, if you are a perfectionist, I want you to recognize that you cannot do this challenge perfectly so stop trying. This challenge is for fun, not to make yourself crazy. Third of all, if you accept your faults and embrace them, YAY, you are already helping your stress level!!
Perfectionism is not a fun one and is very difficult to stop. There is a bit of a secondary gain we get as perfectionists - people are always impressed. To let go of perfectionism, you have to work on letting go of what others think of you or worrying about who thinks you are not perfect. Most likely, the main culprit is you. For today (of which there are but 75 minutes left - see I am not perfect at all), be forgiving of anything you did that did not meet your expectations. Accept that you are not perfect and that perfect is overrated anyway.
Can you do it?
I know today, I did, I will continue to try and do so for the next thirty days...

No comments:

Post a Comment