30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 17 & 18 -Listen to Your Body! (and Stay in Bed!)

No, I didn't stay in bed all weekend, but I really should have - and although I would normally feel guilty about missing yet another blogging day, I don't! My poor husband is fighting a crazy fever, and I came down with an infection I had once before that is also known as "the body's way of telling mom she is doing too much." It is quite unpleasant, but reminded me for the second painful time, that I must slow down, take my own advice, relax, and stop trying to do it all. Ugh. I hate being sick - especially when I know I could have avoided it if I just treated myself better, listened to my body when it said, "please go to bed and stop looking at facebook." Well, I think I learned my lesson. I hate antibiotics and I don't like being in pain, so I will listen (at least for a little bit!)
So, do as I say, not as I do. Listen to your body, take a rest if you need to. Don't push it when you feel yourself starting to get run down. Recharge by taking care of your needs, sleeping, eating healthy food, hanging at home, and surrounding yourself by positive peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment