30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Candy Minefield and a GREAT Local Company

Awesome day! Really!! I started off with oatmeal, walnuts and blueberries, had a wonderful Amy's organic Samosa burrito, an apple, some carrots, 2 waters, and then..... I ran out of paper at work and needed to go to CVS to buy a notebook. I knew I was doomed. Whenever I go to CVS, a convenient store, anywhere that has treats, I HAVE to buy one for myself. In I walked - the peeps cried out to me "We come in pink, purple, AND yellow." The mini-eggs taunted me, "No one will know! Just have a little bag." And the Cadbury Creme Eggs seemed to follow me around the store peeking out at me wherever I turned!
But
Alas,
Success!!! I walked out of the store with just a notebook!!! Good for the body AND the wallet!
I did relatively well for the rest of the day, I did have a coffee in the afternoon with sugar, but I only drank a third of it and it actually seemed too sweet. AND I kept thinking of the poor cows who are not milked in a very nice way and it made me sad. I need a few more days of caffeine but I will go without the dairy and keep cutting down the sug!
I kept my sweet tooth at bay this evening by eating my favorite chip/cracker - Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips by Food Should Taste Good. I went to their website tonight to check and make sure they really were a local company and they are! Not only that, but also all their chips are certified gluten free AND vegan!! So if you are in the market for something that is pretty kind, try these chips out - I can vouch for the deliciousness of the Chocolate and Multigrain as well!!
They are located right in Needham Heights! Pretty fun!
One trick I definitely learned today is to pack enough food at work - food I can grab easily and prepare quickly!
No exercise for me today :( Maybe I can squat in my office tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment