30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Monday, February 22, 2010

First day With(out) Sugar!

Well, today I started with oatmeal, organic blueberries and walnuts for breakfast. Delicious!!! Then, I dropped the little guy to daycare and realized in the car I was craving something sweet. So I popped open the console, and wouldn't you know, the Divine white chocolate bar was still there!! Sugar Plums! I had a piece. BUT I stopped at one - which is rare.
Once I walked into work one of our MA's was standing at the door with a homemade mini gingerbread cookie - I ate it. It was good. I stalked the rest of the homemade goodies but actually didn't eat any. I kept saying to myself - there are better choices, and you aren't hungry anyway you are just avoiding work - which is true.
I then was fine until lunch, when I had a new healthy favorite!! evol burritos - They are DELICIOUS. The website is http://www.evolburritos.com/ I love the pinto bean, rice, and cheese - normally I would try to avoid the cheese but the company does its best to use humanely raised animals and animal products in all of their burritos - which is pretty neat.
After lunch a bumped into an issue - I felt like I needed dessert. I grabbed a banana taffy!! I ate half and tossed the rest - I stopped myself - I needed a distraction. Store 24 is right next door so I took a trip and grabbed a 100% apple juice and cashews - much better choice than taffy!! Okay, to be honest the cashews were honey glazed, but it was still better than taffy!
And since I was feeling pretty bad about the taffy I shut my office door and did 20 squats and 2o bicep curls with a bunch of books. Not bad! I actually exercised, proving it can be fit in to your day even if it is just a little bit!
Today was rough!!! Very rough!! But tomorrow is another day and as long as I improve every day, I think I am on the right track.
Some healthy options I am now in love with:
evol burritos: http://www.evolburritos.com/ (see above)
- totally weird, but pretty tasty - we had the pulled BBQ shreds last night - which freaked my husband out because they don't even try to pretend they are pulled pork, they just say pulled shreds. I thought the sauce could have been tangier, but it did the trick! Paired with homemade sweet potato fries, very yummy!
- sparkling juice - perfect to kill a sweet craving or a soda craving.

A note about sugar substitutes. I gave all of them up when I got pregnant and all of my headaches went away. It could have been hormones, it could have been coincidence, but I haven't gone back to the fake stuff and I actually think that helps me make some better choices overall.

Tomorrow is a new day - Thanks to support from old friends, new friends, and super fun cousins, I think it will have a lot less sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment