30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Something had to give....

As my hubby and I frantically tried to get everything together for my stepson's 21st birthday while also getting the little man to swimming, me to the doctor, the dogs out for a walk, the valentine's day cards written out, one more chapter done in the book, and the house cleaned, we realized it wasn't going to happen and in order to make life easier - something had to give. So, we prioritized. Birthday stuff was number one. Thanks to my SIL we had a great place to have the party and we could pretty much buy everything we still needed at BJ's while also getting diapers. Swimming could wait until tomorrow - he is only 6 months, he has no idea if he is swimming on Saturday or Sunday. I HAD to go to the doctor since I have had a lingering sinus infection since December and the Neti pot - although super helpful, just couldn't cut it this time. While I was in the waiting room I could write out the Valentines. The dogs could run around out back while the hubby tidied up the house and the little man napped.
I must say - it worked out! The party was a success, which was really the most important thing to be done. The dogs will get an extra walk tomorrow since they tolerated life without today. The little man will swim tomorrow. I will be one day into the antibiotics I dread so much but hopefully one day closer to feeling healthy and kicking this thing once and for all. The house didn't get cleaned since the little man didn't nap, but we can do that tomorrow too. As for my chapter - I am procrastinating now, but it will be done by midnight tonight and that is the goal!!!
There was also a huge bonus today. The doctor was running late. I finished my Valentines (I love Valentine's Day so I wasn't giving up on that!) and instead of fuming, staring at the time on my cell-phone, and grumbling about having to wait, I read a GREAT story in a VERY old TIME magazine. For those Food Inc. fans out there I think you will enjoy it. Getting Real About the High Price of Cheap Food There will only be grass fed animals in my family's food. No animals in my food, but others are harder to convince...
So in times of stress - prioritize, delegate, and make the best of the worst situations. No one knows you need help unless you ask and you might be surprised at who is willing to help when you need it most! When you are forced to wait and you might run late - chill out, take a deep breath, and find some relaxing way to pass your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment