30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Frazzled Friday already!?!?!?!

Oh my goodness! I can't believe a whole week went by and I haven't written! It is probably because I am in a sugar induced coma thanks to Ellen Degeneres. I love her, I think she is funny, has a good attitude, and I am impressed that she is giving up sugar. I have tried to do that before and it is very hard. BUT, very good for you. Since I feel like crapola and can't stay healthy for more than one day at a time I have decided to give up the white stuff as well. I didn't want to waste food though, so I decided I would give it up after I used all the sugar we had in the house - and the car, my office, my pocketbook and my breast pump....
Let's start with the car. I like car treats. So, I always stock my car with delicious treats, such as Divine Fair Trade White Chocolate Bars with Strawberry crunchies. Oh my yumminess!! I like to have a square on my way to work - at 7am. Good way to start off the day!!
Then there is my drawer at work - Artificial banana to me is the most fabulous flavor ever created, so I tend to have an oversupply of Banana Turkish Taffy, Banana Laffy Taffy, Banana Splits by Necco (BEST Banana flavor ever!), and Banana Runts. My office also has an assortment of lollipops and hard candies. It is a wonder I have any teeth.
Then there is my pocketbook - not too bad, M&Ms and hard candy, and packets of the white stuff itself!!(In case my coffee doesn't have enough!
The breastpump has a little side pocket that is perfect for treats like bullseyes, starburst, and hershey kisses. I need my energy! This little dude is exhausting.
As if that weren't enough - there is home. Aside from the hershey kisses, M&Ms, Laffy Taffy, trail mix, chocolate covered almonds, ice cream, marshmallows, marshmallow fluff (you can never have too much marshmallow - or nougat while we are at it...), bubble gum, girl scout cookies, tollhouse cookie bars, chocolate chips, mint chips, and then the kicker - and this will give you a good idea of how much I love sugar:
My spice rack is actually a sugar rack. I dumped out all the spices, cleaned the jars, and filled them up with different colored sugars and sprinkles - much more useful and super cute!
So today I started to plow through the sugar. Samoas/Caramel Delights for breakfast, Banana treats for lunch, hershey kisses for a snack, M&M's and chocolate chips for dinner, thin mints with ice cream for dessert. I baked a bunch of cookies and threw the trail mix in, and I will give those to my neighbor. The taffy can go to the community room at work. The marshmallows I will save for future parties so I can make rice krispie treats. The bubble-gum can live in my husband's office. The white sugar I will save for guests. That leaves the ice cream.... I can't toss that - that would be some sort of heathenish act. I will donate that to my parents or make an ice cream pie for someone. And then the sugar will be gone. Oh, except for the sugar in my gummy vitamins.... I guess I'll have to try a new kind.
I will miss it in my coffee
I will miss it every day,
But going without sugar
Will make me healthy in every way!
HA. Couldn't resist. The sugar has made me hyper.
Hopefully I will be a more focused version of myself a few days from now once the sugar has gotten out of my system.
If you are interested in hearing more about Ellen's plight to give up sugar click here Sugar, Sugar. Oh, Honey Honey...Oh, and BTW, I am still researching friendly egg farmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment