30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Frazzled Friday and Tasty Treats

Actually, today wasn't as frazzled as I thought it would be. I was swamped at work, but got a lot done which always makes me feel very accomplished and proud of myself. I don't know that anyone else really cares so I have to give myself some props. Sometimes, when I do something at work - like call someone back or finish some notes - I write it on my to do list after the fact just so I can check it off!! I get so excited when I can check things off my to do list!! It is very exciting. I think I liked that when I was in school too and had my little homework notebook. Crossing off an assignment once it was finished was very exciting!! It is funny, people have so many systems of writing their to do lists - some have a separate notebook, some incorporate it into their planners, some keep it on their phone or computer. Some like to check off completed tasks, some delete them, and some scribble them out. Funny.
Eating Local and Supporting Local Businesses
So my goal is to support local businesses and try to eat more local foods, while also easing into a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle. For now, I am going to start with supporting local eateries, but as time goes on, I plan on researching restaurants to find out where they get their ingredients and if they are being as kind as possible to the planet. I have GOT to finish my book by May 1st so until then I can't fully commit to the Kind lifestyle without being disappointed in myself when I fall short. I seem to have breakfast under control as far as eating vegan. The rest of the day is still a challenge and often filled with M&Ms and coffee.
Local businesses I supported today include PS Deli - fabulous coffee in South Boston - so good in fact that it could potentially keep me from going vegan. It is right in Perkins Square - hence the PS - right at the crazy intersection with Broadway and Dorchester. The coffee is delicious - the Almond Joy Mocha is heaven in a cup.
Babycakes is the other local business - a wonderful cupcake shop in Quincy. Pumpkin Spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate with peanut butter - both amazing!!! I highly recommend them! I am trying the vanilla and chocolate cupcakes tomorrow, and maybe the lemon coconut - yum. Maybe she can make a vegan cupcake....

2 comments:

  1. I take it the Babycakes in S. Boston is not the same as the one in NYC. The one in NYC is a well-known vegan bakery. We'll have to check it out when you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I need you to repeat this day and this menu with me asap...all of those things are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete