30 Day Challenge

Check Out the Bottom of the Page for a Running List of Daily Challenges!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Blog, New Attitude

Okay, so this is my new blog - the old one The Stress Less Home seemed to have a funny effect on my life. Once I started it, my newborn got croup, conjunctivitis, adenovirus, some weird liver results, and needed to change daycare. I ended up with conjunctivitis, a URI (upper respiratory infection - cool slang!!), sinus infection, and more and more stress. My husband chugged along just fine which was super annoying to me. My stepson went to London by himself (kind of, it was a school sponsored trip but no parental figure was there) and he is turning 21 tomorrow. My job became helatiously stressful since I am in mental health and January and February in the Northeast honk in terms of well-being in the winter.
So I am off to a new start! The currently healthy (knock on wood) babe just started a new daycare with super nice teachers, my stepson is still turning 21 - I can't stop him from growing up so I have to learn to enjoy it, I do love my job despite the stress and without it I would have more stress, I have learned to accept my husband's laid back attitude (I am really just jealous that he can chill out and I can't), and it is mid-February which means us Bostonians are about halfway through winter which is not too bad.
So, what is this blog about? Instead of the artificial zen stuff I was trying to incorporate into my life and everyone else's in my old blog - this one is going to be the real thing. How do you deal when life keeps tossing stuff at you while you are down? There will be humor, there will be helpful tips, there will be honesty.
I do actually have a degree in mental health and I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor so I do know a thing or two about a thing or two, but I am also human, and sometimes all the schooling and theory in the world just doesn't do the trick so you have to be creative.
One more thing I will post in this blog are some local reviews. Random right? Totally, but I have decided since watching Food Inc. - very interesting film, that I am going to do my best to support my local peeps and small businesses. So if you are a Bostonian, or even better - a Braintreeite, you will see reviews on places you can get to and support as well!!
Well, toodles for now, I have to go pump (more on the pleasantries of that later).
Hope your day is filled with dazzles and you aren't too frazzled!

3 comments:

  1. I love you! Awesome new blog, I cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my day had plenty of frazzling, begining with my car not starting this morning, only for me to use my last call to Triple AAA and the driver to start my car with no problems, followed by an interview for employment mid-day which did not seem to frazzle me, however I notice how much more relaxed I am now that it is all over, and then tonight I returned home to dog diarrhea. Thanks be to G-d, my life is equally full of Dazzles...in just 11 1/2 weeks I will be a Master of Social Work, tonight we had delicious dinner, Jocelyn stayed focused and I patient through multiplication and factors homework, Jocelyn read me a very sweet book about mustangs before bed and now my runs-free dog is snuggled up in bed with me, keeping me nice and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie that is awesome!! Not the Dog diarrhea part - I didn't realize how close you were to your Master's!!! Welcome to the world of being brilliant and educated and making less money than most!! But, it is rewarding work!

    ReplyDelete